View Single Post
Old 12-20-21, 10:30 PM   #297
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Hi Sir: I really like your TMO's Project, but I have one question. Are you going to add or are there any plans to add the Submarine Squadron 50, in future?

Yes, next release in January will include SUBRON 50...USN fleetboat operations in Fall 1942-Summer of 1943 out of Scotland with operations in North Sea, Bay of Biscay, and Norwegian Sea. Will start out in New London , CT, sail across Atlantic to support Operation Torch, then end patrol in Scotland as the SUBRON 50 boats did. From there on will operate out of Scotland, then sail back to US and on to the Pacific in late summer 1943, per history.

Obviously, the campaign will not be as intense as the Pacific and had to take some historical license to keep it interesting, as in SUBRON 50 boats did not see that much action, did not sink that many ships. The traffic will reflect that, but will have more chances than would if kept it strictly historical.

A lot of special operations will be conducted....landing/recovering agents from occupied countries, photo recon of coastal installations, etc.

One fictional but interesting mission I added to campaign prior to leaving for vacation (home for the holidays) was to rendezvous with a convoy in the "Black Pit" area of the Atlantic, then patrol ahead scouting for U Boats, of course if locate them, attack. Since have AI subs firing torpedoes in TMO now, it can get interesting. Ran into a wolfpack...encountered four U Boats in one night on surface, sunk two. If torpedoes were functioning properly, would have sunk more. I had to emergency dive twice to avoid incoming torpedoes. Three ships in convoy were sunk left on fire and sinking by the AI subs, did not witness actual attacks as was involved in my own actions, but heard explosions and saw fires, used free cam to look them over later.

Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote