Old 12-15-21, 02:33 PM   #3981
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Storm View Post
Ave Maestro

No i never shell out or do anything besides gaming. Coming from SH3 i am used to the ... vulneberalty of the game.
'''

There is no better, more descriptive way to say that about the SH series...

With that, 50k is a good patrol, especially with a completed Objective. So that is not the issue. Shelling-out is not the issue. So we'll lay it to the boat and it being issued "early"... As for the conning tower, if you "qualify" for a new boat, you also qualify for the new conning tower, as Ducimus described in that pdf we included. What you get offered is just a matter of the timeframe it is offered. But if there is a new boat available, the game defers to that. The initial Balao offereing at San Fran (and Brisbane if early) is a Measure 9 (black) boat, but it does have the "cut" conning tower. There is basically no difference between the first and second conning towers for the boat, other than the fact that the game - again, for whatever reason - does NOT change the texture until the conning tower changes - usally. We have another experimentation idea for the future, but again, might be a waste of time and effort, so I will not publish my crazy idea, but it involves attempting to circumvent the "normal" conning tower upgrade "process". The idea, again, most likely will result in a "Nope, doesn't work either" outcome, but we'll find out later.

In the meantime, As far as most boats go, if we tell them to mount a 16" triple turret, or even the Yamato 18.1" turret on a submarine node, the game will gladly oblige. So we can mount the 20mm double and 40mm just fine on either of the sails that boat is assigned. I do not recall off the top of my head their dates of availability, but those are the only restrictions on them. The same holds for the dual deck guns. It's only by date, and you'll see the dual 4" & 20mm combos offered first, then the dual 4s, then the dual 5 & 20, then the dual 5 inchers. It's all just a matter of time and the amount of renown you have as to whether you can "purchase" them or not.

Now, radar is an oddball bird of a different feather and flock... The Balao is fine, but some of the boats have conning towers that have different mounts for their radars (why??). The first conn used (bathtub) will use an "unsupported" shaft radar antenna, where a structure on the conning tower holds the radar shaft in place, and then the next version of the conn (first cut-down) goes to a "supported" shaft, where the radar itself provides the structure to hold it in place, and then the 3rd conn (full cut-down) goes back to the unsupported shaft. Sometimes, in spite of the mis-match, the shaft will install but the radar does not function correctly, if at all. Other times, it just crashes things. There is seemingly no rhyme nor reason to what things will do sometimes. You do have to have the proper pieces in place for the next piece to fit properly.

Wow - too much coffee here... but yes, Saving in the terminal is not recommended if you are on the boat. I don't know if it's a function of the game, or if the terminals in FotRSU are too busy. Probably a bit of each. This was one reason behind the green circles as you come into your home port. It signifies when you can expect to start seeing an impact on your TC as assets "spawn" in the terminal. The closer in you get, the more it happens. The red circle is about where you will be asked if you want to terminate your patrol, or re-supply. I Save one last time when getting close to the green circle, so that I have (hopefully) a good Save to go back to if an "upgrade" fails, or I don't like it. Once I'm docked, I will go through the awards & promotions in the office. Now, you should be OK to Save again in the office, if that's what you are talking about... ??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote