View Single Post
Old 12-15-21, 01:15 PM   #3977
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

First of all, FotRSU is very liberal with fuel usage - or would that be "conservative"?? The boats are "super-efficient" in their nmpg figures. The batteries however should not be like that. Do you "shell-out" to Windows, accidentally (Windows Update interrupting, etc) or purposefully (inet email, etc) while playing? That can contribute to issues. Probably though, much as we have attempted to prevent the early issuance of "new" boats as "rewards" for high scores, the game will NOT cooperate. You should NOT be offered the Balao before 3rd June of 1943 (which is actually "early") at Brisbane. It is active 21 May, 1943 at San Francisco for New Construction. While we do have missions that are active with "NULL", which would be the date of the Brisbane base activation, the game still "chokes" on early boats in that there is some equipment on submarines that is not active. In that regard, we did "open" the dates for all things "Balao" to also be "NULL, NULL", but something is stuck in the game's craw from what we can surmise. It does NOT like early boats. There is one more trick up our sleeves that we'll try after the next version comes out, but I am not holding my breath for success there either...

As far as not being offered a new boat again, all I can surmise there is that you had a couple of bad patrols in a row that knocked your patrol rating down - which is different from the "Renown" score. The game's "math" in that regard is wonky, and hidden behind the cloak of invisibility. The Balao should be available on the Fall of 1943 start, if you have the Preview version. If not, wait a few days, and we might have Christmas a little early this year, although we were supposed to be "Thankful" back in mid November... - Anyway, final touches are being applied, waiting on the finish coat to to be applied and dry, and we hope to roll it out shortly. It should be even more stable than previous versions.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote