View Single Post
Old 12-12-21, 10:53 AM   #9485
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
LOL.,, If "They" can't dazzle "You" with brilliance, "They" baffle "You" with bull****. Myself, I'm still trying to understand the brouhaha over an infection with a >2% overall mortality rate.

Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses.

For those who haven't gone full hillbilly and are still willing to listen and understand:

Vaccination rate for Germans aged 60 and above: 86.9%
ITS-Rate for Germans aged 60 and above: 41.1% (and not 43%)

(Both numbers taken from the RKI, thanks to Skybird for the links).

To calculate the statistical likelyhood you simply have to divide the ratio of vaccinated/unvaccinated people on ITS (41.1/58.9) by the ratio of vaccinated people to unvaccinated in the ntire population (86.9/13.1)
This equals 0.1052, which means that -taking the vaccination rate into account- for every unvaccinated person there are 0.1052 vaccinated people on ITS. If you want the value based on one vaccinated person you calculate 1/0.1052 = 9.5065. This means that it's about 9.5 times as likely to end on ITS as an unvaccinated person (60 years and above) compared to a vaccinated person (same age group).

That's for the entire group aged 60+, as I have said before the ratio is more like 1:4 for people 80+ and 1:10 (or even more) for people 60-69.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote