View Single Post
Old 12-06-21, 05:12 PM   #266
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Ah. Exactly why I keep all my in port saves just prior to departing patrol throughout my career, never know if need to go back since SH 4 is so touchy sometimes. Learned this after losing a great career due to this same bug and another in Tambor due to gun positions not showing up properly after upgrade.

Well there is no way I know of to remove the SJ radar when sim is running (always thought it was silly you can only add equipment to the slots, not remove) but perhaps could try to edit it from the ActivePlayerUnit, if you are familiar with editing those files. That is how I was able to refit my Salmon class after conning tower upgrade in 1943 did not give me the gun slots.

Would also need to return the conning tower to the previous version. Save, reload, end patrol, save again. Then exit go back to the activeplayerunit, add the new conning tower, save. Start SH 4 back up, then add the SJ radar and start a patrol to see if it works.
yeah, well, i am a couple of missions past the upgrade so no radar for us.

and.......you mention above that i would need to revert back to the early conning tower.
that is more complex than i can say. i've had some bad experiences trying to fix the conning tower upgrade issues in the past and one way to screw up a career is to try and revert.

however, i have a counter-counteroffer to your counteroffer. have you read the Dark Waters documentation on the automatic upgrade problem and when it hits we have to perform some fairly counterintuitive things? i wonder if that fix might not work in this situation. Start a new career in July/August 1942 with the same boat using the same base and then copy-paste my old crew into the new ActivePlayerUnit file. i think it could work. your thoughts?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote