View Single Post
Old 11-11-21, 10:42 AM   #3921
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadio85 View Post
Thx for your support and detailed answer. I think I'm fine with the savegame folder as it was a clean install. For me the conclusion is to be more careful in the museum and click very slow CDT did not occur in the game itself so far (knocking on wood).
One thing to keep in mind is that if there was a previous install of the game on the computer, there was an existing Save folder from it, which could potentially corrupt the current install. Un-installing the game does not eliminate the old Save data folder.

Quote:
A few questions:
Comparing the SH4 manual it says on page 4 that the're some more options I cannot find in the game. These are:

- Realistic vulnerability
- Realistic ship sinking time
- No Noise Meter
- No Weapons Officer Assistance

Have these been removed intentionally or are these left-overs from an early build of the game?

With FotRS activated is it somehow possible to get back the stock menu at the bottom? I like the stock colors of the stations more than the new ones.
The manual was written and released for v1.0 of the game, and had errors and incomplete information for that, and they have done quite a few updates since. The "realistic" stuff was an idea they had, that was never implemented. I'm not certain of a noise meter in the American boats, and the Weapons Officer refers to the choice for manual- or auto-targeting...

Quote:
Anyone else encountered this graphical glitch? When its raining, the crew members on the bridge turn to ghosts, when they're rendered against the sky. See screenshot attached.
That "glitch" is "Volumetric Fog" mostly. If you have all of the boxes ticked on the Graphics Option screen, each choice will increase certain anomalies in the display, such as the sun shining through the horizon, or other objects that it should not. Both the game and DirectX v9 are to blame.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote