View Single Post
Old 10-29-21, 11:16 PM   #2458
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I appreciate you have included the blood spatter in the sim. Far too often things like that are left out. Would like to find a way to include that in my future versions of TMO, if you're willing to fill me in. Adds a sense of realism and reminds people while this is a pc simulation, these things really happened.

AA guns can be converted to function as deck guns to target surface vessels etc . Not at home currently but when am will send you a link with the mod I created converting AA guns to deck guns.
That is very kind of you! The blood spatter is modeled the same way things like bullet impact sparks are done - using particles.dat/materials.dat.

I have good news, I have started the process of amending the entire game's entries to convert it from WWII era to WWI era. This includes campaign dates, ranks, radio messages, weapon names, and so on. I am also altering the submarines so that each has the correct # of torpedo tubes, correct speed, etc. I did a brief experiment and was favorably impressed with how quickly it went - I was able to convert the standard "Porpoise" class, with 6 tubes and sixteen torpedoes, to the equivalent of the famous U-31 class....4 tubes (2 bow, 2 stern) and only 6 torpedoes. I also successfully stripped the boat of radar - no modern conveniences to spoil you young 'uns!

I also started skinning the U-9 class and adding finishing touches; she is about 90% skinned. The nice thing is that certain parts can be reused on other boats and will not need to be skinned again.

Lastly I have relented and will probably model a few more famous liners...I am thinking of "Mauretania", "Britannic", "Arabic", and maybe "Laurentic" &c. The idea is special souvenirs will be awarded for sinking certain legendary ships (as long as they are not serving as hospital ships or diplomat ships).

More images later.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote