View Single Post
Old 10-05-21, 06:17 PM   #2745
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I thought you said you were prior service, you should know better. His responsibility is to do what he’s told by the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces who also happens to be a civilian elected official. The CJSC serves at the pleasure of the President.

In case you were wondering.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/163

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/152#c
I am prior service. And, apparently, I have a firmer grip on this than you ... or Otto. The UCMJ absolves everyone in the military from following unlawful orders. Even orders from the POTUS. And yes, that includes anticipating the potential of (in this world of potential nuclear Armageddon). Remember, this was a 'president' who tried to float the idea of nuking a hurricane. He wanted to push that button so bad.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/mi...orders-3332819

"The military oath taken at the time of induction into the military is as follows:

"I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God"

Notice the oath states, “I will obey the orders of the President of the United States...”, but the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) Article 90 states that military personnel need to obey the "lawful orders of his/her superior. The duty and obligation to obey lawful orders creates no grey area for discussion. But does the military member have a duty to DISOBEY “unlawful orders” including orders of senior officers, Secretary of Defense and even the President of the United States? The UCMJ actually protects the soldier in this situation as he/she has a moral and legal obligation to the Constitution and not to obey unlawful orders and the people who issue them.

These have to be strong examples of a direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ and not the military member’s own opinion.

Military discipline and effectiveness are built on a foundation of obedience to orders. Recruits are taught to obey orders from their superiors immediately and without question, right from day one of boot camp."

tRump had already displayed publicly an incredible disassociation from reality. And now there are reports of instances where he was worse in private. Milly was witness to many of those moments that were out of the public eye. tRump's embarrassed. tRump's pissed. tRump wants you to be, too. Even if Milly did us all a favor (him included).

Last edited by Arlo; 10-05-21 at 06:44 PM.
Arlo is offline   Reply With Quote