View Single Post
Old 07-28-21, 03:55 PM   #1780
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
You completely missed the point Catfish. The First amendment guarantees the right of assembly and redress of grievances. You also need to assess these incidents objectively. let me give you a hint, both BLM and Stop the Steal organizations had a right to rally and protest, both organizations illegally entered and vandalized government buildings and assaulted government personnel. Both organizations had active politicians acclaiming each organizations reasons for protesting.
Fair enough. I see your point, but for me protests even with looting cannot be compared to storming the Capitol trying to overthrow a democratic vote, imho this is a different scope.
Quote:
Fun Fact: the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest in Seattle (remember the Summer of Love?) was an actual insurrection, although it only lasted a month.
Lol ok, but even here this was a protest:
"The zone was a self-organized space, without official leadership. Protesters united behind three main demands:
"Cut Seattle's $409-million police budget by 50 percent.
Shift funding to community programs and services in historically black communities.
Ensure that protesters would not be charged with crimes."
"
You can discuss how much sense some of those demands made (), but it sure was not a planned plot to overthrow the constitution of the USA.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote