View Single Post
Old 07-28-21, 10:27 AM   #1778
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ I take it the protests against police brutality (killing of Floyd) were not intended to overthrow the government or to kill anyone, let alone the (then) vice president Pence?

"[in 2020] Racial unrest, Polls have estimated that between 15 million and 26 million people have participated at some point in the demonstrations in the United States, making them the largest protests in United States history.

It was also estimated that between May 26 and August 22, around 93% of protests were "peaceful and nondestructive". According to several studies and analyses, protests have been overwhelmingly peaceful.

In protests that involved violence, violence was variously instigated by protesters, counter-protesters, or police, and police sometimes escalated confrontations."
You completely missed the point Catfish. The First amendment guarantees the right of assembly and redress of grievances. You also need to assess these incidents objectively. let me give you a hint, both BLM and Stop the Steal organizations had a right to rally and protest, both organizations illegally entered and vandalized government buildings and assaulted government personnel. Both organizations had active politicians acclaiming each organizations reasons for protesting. So as far as I can tell, the only reason for Congress to call the Jan 6th protest an insurrection is to deflect from the fact that they set the whole thing in motion in 2016 when they declared Trump an illegitimate President and vowed to remove him from office by any means necessary and then spent 4 years doing just that.

Fun Fact: the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest in Seattle (remember the Summer of Love?) was an actual insurrection, although it only lasted a month.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote