Thread: Formula One
View Single Post
Old 06-27-21, 07:46 AM   #154
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Still 2/3 of the points to play for, but Red Bull have come storming back from their slow start in the first few races. Having Checo in the mix at the front makes a huge difference.

Paul Ricard was a big litmus test and when Red Bull came through looking so good there it showed they'll be in this fight all year long. If France had gone like Spain then I'd be leaning toward Mercedes over the course of the calendar.

Red Bull just look like the better package at the moment. And with teams focusing on 2022 perhaps there's less potential for bigger shifts in relative performance between teams. We'll see. But the signs all look good for Red Bull.

It's really been a great season so far and I'm hoping it's tight all the way.

Lando continues to impress and Ricciardo a mess. If Ricciardo was anywhere near Lando right now they'd be well clear of Fez. And Ferrari are all at sea at times and it's a dramatic vein in the season's narrative, whether they'll be on pole or retreating through the field from week to week.

Vettel's made me eat my words, and Budda has it right. He seemed so disinterested in his last year with Fez, he was a mess, lacked focus and made a lot of unforced errors. But he's really been good over the last few races and looks rejuvenated. I think he has also elevated the entire team with his approach to practice, debriefs and car setup. I was critical of Aston Martin making this move and giving Perez the boot. But it's paid off I think for all concerned. Stroll will benefit too with an on-song world champion to learn from.

I'm pulling for Max today of course, but for me the thing I am hoping to see is Russell scoring. No driver deserves it more at this point, he's so good on Saturdays, and deserves to have that pay. And he still gets free tyre choice even bumped to tenth, right? He's never been in a better position (aside from Sakir at the end of last year of course). Williams will be interesting to watch. You can feel they are about to return to the battle. The new owners seem committed and capable of making that happen. There's a different vibe about them at the moment.

Red Bull Ring is a fantastic track, and this should be a cracking race.

Last edited by Threadfin; 06-27-21 at 07:55 AM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote