View Single Post
Old 06-24-21, 05:05 PM   #3509
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orkfighter2000 View Post
somehow i cant find ships in the sh4 fotrsu ultimate version :/ i started as s18 at manila 1941, patroling south chinese sea no ships and around philipines also no ships, can somebody help?
Had you emptied the Save folder prior to starting the FotRSU modded game? If you didn't, you would have a contaminated set of Save folder files. Try deleting that and start a new career again. Also, are you certain that you have LAA or some other similar RAM memory app properly enabled? Big thing: The S-Boats, for the most part, were sent south of Luzon into very quiet areas to keep them (initially) out of harm's way, where most of them only saw local boats and maybe a Japanese airplane. You won't see much IJN traffic in the Manila area until after the Lingayen Gulf landings, unless you go to Formosa, Hainan or Indo-China, or maybe towards Palau...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Hello FOTRSU Team:

Playing with 1.46, I started a new campaign from Mare Island, Gato class, new construction 42'. I did the trials and received a message "Go to base or continue patrol". I returned to Mare Island. Waiting orders, ever I received the same message: patrol at your taste...Well. I decided to go to Pearl Harbor. Arrived to PH...the same message. I have no message with objetives or zones. Now I'm moored in Pearl, waiting. Will I receive some orders or can I depart for any zone?

Damage in trials: I tested the Gato to 500 fts. depth. 10% hull damage. This damage remains in the hull though I moored in Mare Island and Pearl Harbor. The damage team is complete. Is there some way to repair this 10% hull damage?

This is my first new construction campaign with FOTRSU, so I don't know how to proceed after the trials.. After them, as I told, I'm free to go anywhere with my 10% hull damage. Is this the way FOTRSU is supposed to work with New Construction start?

Many thanks for the great job. I'm installing the preview 1.6 in another SH4 with MultiSH4...
That is not the design of the mod, no. However, the dates for the New Construction do get out of whack entirely too easily, defeating the purpose of having the SeaTrials. It sounds like maybe you got stuck in no man's land. You have to go all of the way into the actual Mare Island Naval Yard area, if that is where you started from, and End Patrol there. Treasure Island sits astride San Francisco Bay, and it will ask you if you want to Dock, but only for re-supply. You have to End Patrol to be able to repair the damaged bulkhead. However, look for where the fouled, tilted anchor is, which of course signifies your home port, as you know. If you have now done four trial missions, and you are stuck at Mare Island Naval Yard, not being forwarded to Pearl Harbor, then you will have to use the phone in the Captain's Office and request the transfer yourself. If only there was some way to have a definite number of days in-port between "patrols" for the SeaTrials, things would be much easier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Sargo. February 1944. Based out of Milne Bay.
Well, clearly, one can see the inclement weather, so i must conclude that we were sailing through a storm at the time i took the screen shots.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU 1.46\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.46_EN
200 Nippon_Maru_v1.2
300_DarkerNightsEnv_V2
First of all, I cannot see rainy weather, only overcast and waves. A crew does not don wet weather clothing unless it is actually raining heavily, hence the question. It is not so obvious. Second of all, we do not have a "300_DarkerNightsEnv_V2" mod tested with the FotRSU mod. Other than that, I have never seen fellers on the bridge without at least their skivvies on, and bony knees showing... I have made a test mission with a Sargo that starts with really bad weather, and the crew is on deck, fully clothed and in their right minds... well, except they ~are~ submariners...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote