View Single Post
Old 06-19-21, 02:37 AM   #171
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

You take your self-made oven to good use, well, the oven looks as if it really deserves that!

Crispy roasted baguette-like bread, then rub a halved garlic clove over it like nutmeg on a grater, some drops of olive oil, some hand-selected grains of salt, at best some flasks of dry Oregano or Basil, both not really needed - beats every Pringles, peanut flake, potatoe chip! And not as unhealthy, not all those bad fats in it that industrial snacks have.

Problem is German bakers cannot do baguette, they all seem to not use the right flour, but again this heavy, "protein-free" German flour type 405, 550. What you get from that when baking "baguette", is a soft-rubber-like bar of foamed material. Has nothign to do with baguette, which has huge air bubbles in it, is crispy, light, like a baked cloud.

Breads there are several hundred kinds in Germany, Germany is famous for having the richest bread culture world-wide (even on the Unesco list, I think). Or should I say: having had that? Today, its all that industrial ready-mixes bakeries use. I baked my bread myself for over 25 years, grinded the flour myself, too, then got lazy and start buying baker'S bread, get growing digesiton püroblems form it, and so have started to go back to baking myself. Too short processing time for th doughs, too much chemical shyte in it. Over 200 chemcial. agents the law allows. None of them has any room in bread!

Its the reason why I could never live only keto. I like dough and bread too much. Delicatesses, if done right, not just food.

When I want a real baguette or ciabatta, I do it myself. It takes a lot of time over the day, though, the dough is the wettest dopugh for any brea di know, and you need to come back to it time and again. Some years ago we had a video by a retired English cook who explained how he did Ciabatte, a friendly narrating grandfather's voice with an obviously friendly mind behind, and his ciabatta recipe was spot on. I find it difficult, but it is spot on. Needless to say: I use Italian flour for it.

I cannot wait, its hot over here, 27°C in the rooms, could not sleep, at 6 a.m. I went jogging, and at 8.00 a.m. I prepared a pizza dough, I still have some blu flour for fast processing left. The oven should arrive today, I plan to inaugurate it at 6-7 p.m., that gives the dough over ten hours. For the blue flour by Caputo, thats good. The red ones all better take 24-48 hours.