Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 06-18-21, 11:25 AM   #1080
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nionios View Post
I've started patrols with a type IIc in 1939. I'm now on my 10th patrol with the same boat.Is there any chance of being offered a new boat?
in addition to what El Whacko replied, let me point out that Dark Waters does not follow the SH4-US Pacific method of upgrading your boat on a regular basis.

DW will typically allow you to play with one boat in one Flotilla until one of several things happens:
  • you reach the end of the base availability and there are no additional boats available at that base.
  • your boat availability expires and there are no additional boats in your Flotilla.
  • the Flotilla has other boats available and your boat's availability has expired and your performance rates an upgrade, then you will get command of the new boat.
  • there are other scenarios but i cannot remember the others.

so, the suggestion is that you play with the boat you are assigned until DW either upgrades you, retires you, or you wish to move on.

if you wish to move on, then start a new career with a different boat in whichever base and date range that you desire. DW has an unbelievable number of boat vs base vs theatre vs date options.

i hope this helps. Good Luck, Herr Kaleun!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote