Old 06-14-21, 11:50 AM   #3404
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Every little detail definitely helps... I am still testing here, and coming to no conclusions thus far. Do you happen to know what your fuel level was percentage-wise, and how many torpedoes you had left versus how many your Titan Class can hold? If Mad Mardigan can let us know about his boat also, please... I shot off extra torpedoes at my last target prior to doing a Status Update, and was then below the percentage threshold and was informed "no new assignments available at this time". When I shot torpedoes after getting an assignment, so long as I got a "patrol for x days", I have been able to complete the assignments thus far... I have not figured-out why under certain unknown circumstances, a mission might fail to complete. Now, I have not attempted to stay much more than 2 weeks in a patrol location that fails, but maybe it is tied to the system "clock"?? I dunno. If there was a consistency to this, it would make it a bit easier to track down... - the failures thus far usually happen after liberal use of high TC (trying to speed testing), but it doesn't always fail with high use of TC, and the greatest percentage of missions by far do complete just fine... The 2 failures I have managed to induce thus far, were not the same mission. Both were Patrols, and both were for six days. Still looking.
Hmm... by the time I got into the area of Sibutu, I believe I had like... 75... maybe 90% fuel. As for torp's... upon entering the Sibutu passage patrol zone, had a full complement of fish. by the time I hot footed it back to Surabaya & returned, I was down to I think, 12 fish left.

Of note, I generally don't go more than 256 TC, though every once in a bit.. I may accidently rack up to 512... but as soon as I see that is the case, I tap the - key to drop it down to 256. I try to keep the use of TC down to a lower end range, despite knowing you can rack out 1024 or higher... but, iirc using seriously high TC can make thing go... bonkers. Which I don't want...

That said, with leaving base to make 1st objective, Basilan passage, Sibutu resupply run to base & back, I did use TC during those transits, but limited to 256 at the outside most.

M. M.