Old 06-14-21, 07:27 AM   #3398
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Propbeanie,

I just finished testing the saved game. I used M.M.'s 3 different ideas. I went to Atka for refit. I then returned to my patrol area. I set a search pattern that brought me close to the edge of the circle. After 5 days, no completion. So I did his last idea about the size of the circle. I just did circles around the center marker. After 5 days, got the completion. So I am not sure if it was a combo of refit and doing a tight circle or just the tight circle. This is just more info for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Comder
Thanks for looking further into your own situation Comder.. The circle and MapZone used for the patrol for your mission is built the same as MM's, so the green circle is slightly smaller than the zone it marks. I do want to ask you fellows though, if either of you shot any torpedoes enroute to the Objective that wouldn't complete? The DynamicMiss assignments have a couple of lines like:
MinimumFuelPercentage=40
MinimumAmmoPercentage=25
which I had always assumed meant "at the time of assignment", but perhaps it influences the ability to complete? I don't know. I'll try similar to what you fellows just did on the huge test mission I have. I came to no conclusions last night after putting the game folder in the Windows Path variable, though it does seem that the graphic effects are better... I don't know though - a person's imagination can run rampant in things like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
During my game playing, I frequently got crew reports for radar contacts of aircrafts when SD radar is turn off. So I go to "Sensors_sub_US.sim" and find the "height ranges" of surface radars are quite high. The SJ-1 radar can detect target within 15000 meters.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not. Comparing equivalent data (for example the SJ-1 radar) of TMO2.5, we can see that the maxheight should be much less for such "surface" radar.
[pic]
What you are showing is also the Stock settings. The FotRSU team will leave that alone for now, and let you do a "TMO-style Radar" add-in, if you want to. Most of the FotRSU dummy radars are set similarly to that.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote