View Single Post
Old 06-12-21, 12:46 PM   #604
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumando View Post
Is it me or the loading screens are flickering?
Check your Windows video settings, especially if you have Windows 10. Match the monitor's 'native' resolution with the video card in the Windows Display Settings dialog. Windows will show it as "(recommended)". Another place to look is the SH3 Properties page. In the game folder, right-click on the SH3.exe file, and on the resultant context menu, choose "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility" tab. You might have to tick the "Disable fullscreen optimizations", and then after clicking the "Change high DPI settings" button, you might have to tick the top box under the "Program DPI" section for "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for your program instead of the one in Settings". You don't need to do the "Open Advanced scaling settings", but there is a drop-down box about the middle of that window, and set that to "I open this program". Make certain the bottom box is ticked, and that "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" is set to "Application" in that drop-down box. Recent Winddows 10 updates changed all of my computers settings and made it to where Windows was attempting to make my game look better by scaling and smoothing the display, which creates strangeness, such as flickering on my screen, and was so bad on another computer that the game would fail to start. Your mileage of course may vary, and you might end up with slightly different settings than mine, but I had to do a lot of experimenting with this computer to get things working OK for SH3 again.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote