View Single Post
Old 06-11-21, 11:21 AM   #3376
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
On my last (fifth) patrol out of Brisbane to deliver 32 tons of cargo to Mindanao,(departing 11/25/43) in Gato I returned to Brisbane on 12/19/43 only to find that the base (tilted anchor) had been changed to Milne Bay. I reviewed all communications since the start of the patrol and had no Operational notice of a base change. I was able to successfully end the mission by making it to Milne Bay.

It just seems strange to get a base change without receiving a notice first.

Also, following the first GATO patrol from Brisbane leaving there on 5/11/1943, upon my return on 5/16/43 to Brisbane I was offered an Instructor position at Annapolis, which I declined and paid a penalty in Renown. I don't think it was because of bad performance. My tonnoges per patrol were in the 50,000+ range, with the lowest to date at around 31 k, with ALL objectives met to date. Then after the third patrol, on 9/22/43 I was offered a new boat, which I also declined, apparently without penalty. This was followed by the fifth patrol that included the base change noted above. I will continue this career in Gato now out of Milne Bay.

Just wanted you all to know...
A few of the boats do transfer without player intervention at all bases other than Pearl (which will change a bit in the near future also). It would be nice if we could have a "pre-orders" briefing, where a player is given a synopsis of the progress of the war, and facilities available or about to change. About all we can do though is the messages.txt, which has an entry for Milne:
19430628, 1201, 19430628, 1701, 1, 100, 60, 0, @COMSUBS7TH@^...^&ALL CONCERNED&, BE ADVISED NEW ADVANCED BASE IN OPERATION MILNE BAY NEW GUINEA EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY X NOT ALL FACILITY SERVICES AVAILABLE X
which basically displays the message at 1201 hours on 19430628 until 1701 same date, high priority, so it drops you to 1x TC, and it will be sent 100% of the time, once every 60 minutes until the player receives it, and it is from ComSubs 7th Fleet, addressed to all units, all concerned, that Milne Bay is open for business, but that not all facilities are available (heavy repair and the like). However, if a player is in-port on 28th June, 1943, they will not see that. The game does not easily let an individual submarine be addressed for messages like "Your base is changing, so don't go back to your old home" and you do have to notice the change of the anchor. Now, once you are at Milne Bay, be aware that almost ALL boats transfer out of there to Manus Island at some point (or rotate back to Pearl or San Diego or Hunter's Point), with the Gato transferring to Manus on 15 May, 1944. From there, it will go to Subic in February 1945. At no time though, do you receive a direct message, only the general "Base SoAndSo is now active" and then you can either look to see if you can transfer in, or watch the base anchor for if you do. There is a "Playing_FotRSU.pdf" in the Support folder that has some mention of when things happen, but is definitely not all-encompassing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
jumping in here even though PB has requested additional info.....

knowing the mission ID is important because that will help to understand what your patrol radius is.

i suspect that you are patrolling outside of your patrol radius and because of that you are not accruing time-on-patrol which is why you and your valiant crew are on patrol for 40 days without receiving a mission-accomplished.

use Notepad, open your CareerTrack.upc file from any save folder since you were in port last and reply back with the line PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx.
We did get him pointed in a direction (note the lack of "correct" for direction ), and I'm thinking his ID was ID310 for Patrol Kuriles 01, which is actually east of the Komandorski Islands, west of Attu, near where the Battle of Komandorski was... The mission looks OK, but I have not heard back from Comder just yet as to his procedures. I have set the mission up to do a test run with it, if he thinks he did the patrol correctly, and then I'll test the mission for full functionality. In the meantime, testing other things...

All concerned:
Current plan is we will go ahead and release a "preview" of the next version, which has the "fixes" for v1.46 and a few changes. vickers03 and flaminus have not seen these yet either though, and I can state without equivocation that none of the add-ins they do will function on all parts of the Preview version. There are significant changes to the Tench, changes to the Salmon and Sargo, as well as the Narwhal and Gato that will adversely affect one or more of their add-ins' changes. We have just completed this aspect of the edits, and they will need time to review and then edit their files for further changes they want to incorporate. There is also a small surprise for eveyone inside (like Cracker Jacks, only better), and that aspect is what led to the Tench changes. Keep your fingers crossed that the rest of the tests function as expected, and we'll post a link for the "preview" version later tonight or tomorrow. Version 1.46 will still be the "official" version, and the preview is for testing evaluations only. We'll need to know about gun and conning tower upgrades as you encounter them, as well as any skinning issues. All we have been testing for thus far has been proper starts with the changes made to the boats thus far. More content will be in the next full release, so the Preview is not the finished product by any stretch of the imagination, but it is close enough to let any add-ins that vickers03 or flaminus want to make to begin their works. There will be minimal changes (if any) to the documentation, so you'll have to find things on your own. Stay tuned!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote