View Single Post
Old 05-05-21, 09:28 PM   #3199
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
Good to hear that and great thanks for your reasearch.
Previously I checked the "Sensors_sub_US.dat" in Library and found there are many types of SJ radar mounts, which may cause problem easily. That's the drawback of the game itself. I agree with you that if the game only change the antenna, things will be be better.
Yes, the depth of the Library does indeed add to the confusion, and difficulty when trying to track down issues. It is good to have choices, but sometimes, a person wonders "would a player even notice the difference between an H-4 radar, and an H-6, when the range difference is only 2,000 yards?" Now, if the devices were spot-on accurate, yes, I would want the proper device, but in this case, trying to have a "Supported" radar mast, which just meant that it had brackets to hold it to the tower, instead of being built into the shears, makes a radar upgrade nigh on impossible, since the #1 conn cannot hold the new antenna for the radar upgrade. This is why, if a player cannot get a conning tower upgrade, they will not get a radar upgrade either - yet getting the conning tower upgrade is rather difficult, as witnessed by Post #10 of

Of refits, new commands, rank, and retirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikiieblitz View Post
Hello.

My game crashes when starting a mission in this version of the mod I don't get any notification saying whats wrong so I don't know what to do.

Is there someone who can help me?

thanks in advance.
Hikieblitz
The usual things to look for: 1. Is LAA properly activated on the SH4.exe file. 2. Is the game installed in a non-protected folder? You cannot have the game in one of the Program Files folders and have mods "stick". 3. Did you empty the Save folder before running the game after activating the mod?

Since you have the mod, open your game folder, then the MODS folder, then 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.46_EN, then the Support folder in there. Find the "ActivatingFOTRSU.pdf" file and read that. It isn't quite two pages of text. If you need more help moving or installing the game, then use the "Install Notes For the Various Versions of SH4 in Windows.pdf" file for comprehensive install help. You can also post back with a little information about your system here, including cpu & ram, or computer model, the video card you have, where the base SH4 game is installed, whether you emptied the Save folder, and if you have checked to make certain LAA is activated on the SH4 file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
USS Sailfish, lost with all hands at the northern end of the Makassar Strait, mid-May 1942 during daylight hours, to an apparent guided missile attack from a presumed Betty coming in from the NE at a range greater than 13.5 km. We received the radar warning just as we were hit. The initial attack did only 9 points of hull damage (20 points cumulative) and affected the engine room only, but the flooding was unstoppable.

This is the second attack like this in the same area, though the first resulted in only minor damage (that game was abandoned; this is a fresh start from base). Depths are 1000 meters plus, so mines are very unlikely; there were no sonar contacts to suggest a possible submarine in the area. As we submerged, there were no visual contacts via the external camera. Later we heard the radar contact's apparently ineffectual attack (no increase in hull damage).

Also, should there have been any harbor traffic in Balikpapan?
From your description, you are probably not close enough for these bad boys:

but just in case. At the "zoom" level of the map, you would have to be practically on the shore to be within range of most of those guns, though some do reach out 12nm. Not to give away too many trade secrets, but we did turn their "CrewRating" down, so they wouldn't be so spot-on accurate on their first shot... You also do not always get good sonar reports when on the surface. We did turn that down a bit prior to v1.39, so there could be a ship or sub nearby. Also, as I mentioned above, I have had airplanes in v1.46 seemingly camp-out right above my sub, and they are not seen in the periscope, nor on radar, and then they dive on you and put their first drop in the conn... We have noodled with a "fix" for their radar in v1.46, but I think I went too far, and now they're like any other plane, so on to plan B...

As for Balikpapan, the middle of May 1945 they do have traffic there in the mod, but this picture can be deceiving:

Some of that doesn't start until later dates, and the percentages on others are relatively low. The Japanese had control of the port in late January, so I wouldn't imagine there would have been a whole lot of traffic in and out until about May or June, other than trying to repair the oil facilities...

--------------------------------

As a little side note, we have replicated the virus in the laboratory (say that like luh-BORE-uh-Tory), and have managed to get stuck gauges, which does include the "gauges" of the sonar room, among others. A little more experimentation, and we should have the "when". Then all we have to do is track down the "HOW"... we will never be able to answer the "why", because after all, this is SH4...

@ KaleunMarco : Go ahead and tick that "Disable fullscreen optimizations" and see if things change. That usually keeps a game from loading 3D at all though, and not just after a Save... Have you found your Save folder? My Win10 has been putting the MultiSH4 created folders initially in the root folder of the games drive, such as if I have a game path of "E:\Games \FotRSU etc.", and I run MultiSH4, which usually makes the Save folder in "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", it now creates "E:\SH4" for me... after several plays of the game, it does "move" the folder to the proper place, which I suspect is a function of the "Windows Insider" account I have on this particular computer, and that OneDrive has to "coordinate" itself with My Documents... I do not know for certain, and whether Pro would be like Home in that regard, if you even had OneDrive activated on that computer...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 05-05-21 at 09:41 PM. Reason: KaleunMarco
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote