View Single Post
Old 05-02-21, 05:33 PM   #3
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Thanks BH. I saw no response at first and was worried I stepped on toes or overstepped with this thread. I can manage some creative immersion tweaking to close the separation between historical reality and the game. After all, we are in essence playing an alternate WWII 'reality' to begin with (we are assigned boats under names we choose for commander, names assigned to crew that aren't the actual crew, bases that our boats didn't start at (or did at a different date), sinking ships that either were lost in a different manner and time or not lost at all. And I accept all of that as a matter of practicality (and fun). So, if I imagine that my crew went a little overboard with their uniform markers or that chiefs were able to somehow pack enough khakis to wear them on subs without too much fear of ruining them. Or even officers occasionally wearing a mixture of uniform (perhaps due to their khakis being ruined while conducting unusual duties) then that's just a little bit more reality bending and not that big a deal (in my mind's eye I can ignore that, somewhat). Even seeing some third classes sneak some rack time in the chiefs or even officer's bunk doesn't merit mention to the COB. (With the FOTRSU officer's quarters addition - which I'm mighty glad to see.)

So this discussion isn't a critique born of disgust or malice. Just a FOTRSU head's up.

(I noticed the difference, regarding TMO - which I also enjoy, very much!)