View Single Post
Old 04-25-21, 11:28 PM   #3119
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5
Default aircrafts are too sharp?

I patroled around west coast of Luzon in July 1942, one night my rader dectect a jap plane at 11 nm, then the plane just went directly to my sub, without any hesitation(with map contact update to show the aircraft route). the time is about 3~4 am. How could he locate my sub in dark night from such a long range?

Such "sharp" aircrafts are ubiquitous in the daytime. althoug i understand there are several Japanese airbases on those islands, the attendance rate of aircrafts is too "good". I think it's very unrealistic and lead to a bad game experience.Every time i surface the boat there is a radar contact warning! I think both aircraft spawn rate and their sharp sensor need to be reduced to a reasonable level.

BTW, the salmon and sargo class with medwar conning tower will have a small mast inserting into a hatch. it seems a model bug.

=====================
Edit:
I check the "UnitParts5Salmon.upc" and "UnitParts6Sargo.upc", both of them use gato medwar conning tower, as below. I try to rewrite that parts as "ExternalLinkName3D= data/objects/Conning_SalmonSargo_02", then no problem in the game, the model looks fine. So, I don't know why did the original files use gato models and abandon the right ones, very strange.
---------
[UnitPart 2]
ID= SargoConningMedWar
Type= SargoConningTower
NameDisplayable= Half-cut Conning Tower
UnitPartInterval=1942-05-01, 1942-12-31
ExternalLinkName3D= data/objects/Conning_Gato_02 ==should be==>> Conning_SalmonSargo_02
HullTextureNameOverride=data/Submarine/NSS_Sargo/NSS_Sargo_T01.tga
HullLightmapTextureNameOverride=data/Submarine/NSS_Sargo/NSS_Sargo_O01.tga
HullNormalmapTextureNameOverride= NULL
MenuSilhouetteTextureNameOverride= Gato_Class_02.tga
---------

Last edited by flaminus; 04-26-21 at 09:49 AM.
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote