Old 04-17-21, 01:41 AM   #3054
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
I notice that there is no radar warning upgrade (rader counter measure) in FOTRSU 1.46, while in TMO, which i previously played, such equipment is available in late war time. So i'm wondering is this equipment necessary in the game? Will the Japanese ships use radar to detect our submarines in FOTRSU 1.46?

anthor question: I frequently received contact reports and ship information in the radio and map, but when i caulating a proper course and speed to intercept them, i always failed. Only one successful interception out of more than 10 attempts. Does it mean that enemy ships usually change their course and a long-range interception in FOTRSU is almost impossilbe?
Ahoy, flaminus...

To state, you have to remember, this IS a WW2 sub sim & mod to boot... it's NOT a modern 1... meaning, that the boys in the navy of then, did not unlike their modern day counterparts.. have access to nice, bright, shiny satellite's nor the boys behind the desks, analyzing what was captured by them...

So... your odds of doing a successful interception, will widely vary... from fairly good, if you're extremely lucky... to a snowball, wearing gasoline soaked under roo's.. making it through Hades, unscathed.. translating to... nil to none. (Sorry, My weird sense of humor rearing its head, oft times, at the worst time... )

Long & short of it... can try to calculate an intercept course, but... don't hold your breath on it being accurate... unless.. you are really NOT that far away when you get the contact report to base 1 off of it.. then, the chances are.. a wee bit better of having a chance at an intercept & even then.. that is probably a 50/50 proposition, at best... propbeanie, could chime in with a more... informed analysis here.. on My supposition & clarify that..

Hope this helps...

M. M.