Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Some question from a not so much into military strategy-friend
Can we trust this "source"
If true what does all this mean today and for the future ?
Markus
This seems to be an ukrainian twitter blog or account, so i would take it all with a grain of salt.
But the Ukraine has all reason to be afraid of Russia of course, and since there is obviously no one to help them (apart from windy speeches and such) it may well be that Russia will "peacefully help the russian-speaking majority to reunite with Russia" as you will read in Tass or RT.

During the german invasion of the Ukraine there is often (by Russia) mentioned the will to collaborate with the invaders, but this is not quite true - there was resistance against Germany as there was against Russia, the Russians were regarded as equally foreign, and thus rejected.
This is howver only true for the western part of the Ukraine.

"Resistance in general
The resistance in Ukraine was directed against Poles, Communists or the Red Army and / or the Germans during the Second World War, in historical or chronological order . The main problem here is that in some cases, due to the coupled appearance of the enemy troops, a ranking had to be made and in some cases strange alliances were created, as well as the struggle of individual organizations that finally took place in parallel against all, i.e. Russians, Poles and Germans , proceeded. [6]"

https://translate.google.com/transla...ten_Weltkriegs

As you see theer was a lot of resistance against the Soviet-Russian occupation from 1944 on.

It is quite complex, but denigrating the western part to be corrupt i'd say they are as "corrupt" as the US, UK or EU. "Corruption" is of course an idea that has been brought up and distributed by Trump, since the former democrat government was heavily involved in helping the Ukraine, and was alone therefore condemned by republicans.

I have no idea, question is indeed whether "the west" should just stand and spectate if Putin really invaded, another question is if Putin would stop after "freeing" the Donbas region of the Ukraine.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.