View Single Post
Old 04-05-21, 07:04 PM   #2323
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Talking about realistic effects: besides "dramatic" ones, will we able to "help" the castaways ? (such as rescue them or towing lifeboats to nearest neutral coast or sending an S.O.S. to enemy or neutral units)

An other interesting thing about the first submarines' campaign is that often subs sized coastal merchant or Clyde Puffers and sent them to German Ports; is possible to add a similar option in the game or doesn't SH4 permit such things?

And about realism: in my personal opinion, the SH series lack in realistic environment; " there are only sun and rain", but in North Sea, especially 100 years ago, there were frequent snowfall, even near the coast. Are you going or is possible to add snowfall and growlers into the game?

IABL: after seeing your recent posts I need a list of sound you want for the mod
PS: If anyone wants help me, in the building of an appropriate sound mod for WotK, it'll be wonderful

PPS: IABL, have you received my pm ?
Hello!

Unfortunately there will be no capturing ships. There is no known way to make the process seem realistic enough, so no plans for that feature.

There are sketchy plans to allow for helping survivors, via the .tga/.dds pop-up graphics system that I am using for Prize Warfare.

The plan is to use the U-Boat's dinghy for many of these tasks; you will have a limited amount of times per mission you can do this, to make it realistic. So at most you may save 1-2 captives for a little renown boost, or hand over a little bit of food. No saving thousands of people from the "Lusitania", for example - a 200 foot sub didn't have much space.

At the moment, however, ship and sub modeling and making cargo graphics for the prize warfare particle effects is top priority.

Weather improvements are possible but another "reach" goal.

I will be in touch with you about your latest submission, and about sounds for the mod. Thanks for your help.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote