View Single Post
Old 03-02-21, 10:33 AM   #2811
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
... I would like to edit the CareerStart.upc. would any one be able the tell me what the numbers after the sub name refers to?...

example: IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F1Porpoise, 3, F1Tambor, 5, F1Gar, 1
On behalf of the team, and those before us, you are welcome for the mod. As to your question, the "F1" for the Porpoise means "[Flotilla 1]" in the Flotillas.upc file, which is Pearl Harbor. the ", 3" for the same boat means that there are 3 boats available. If you are adding a unique boat for your "blow 'em up" fun, make that last number a ", 1", since there is only the one boat - that follows the Roster / Country / Submarine folder's "SubName.cfg" file [Unit X] section, with the "X" representing a number. Be sure you have the boat's "definition" properly constructed in the correct Flotillas.upc file location, and mission assignments for it to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedit View Post
I was playing and enjoying the mega-mod
FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.1
and I ran across this newer one
100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.39_EN (1.42 GB)
02-17-2020

So I downloaded the V1.39, 1.4GB mod figured 1.39 was better than 1.1 but after I installation it seems to be reverted to the original game. In the banner at startup it does not say "Ultimate Edition" as it did in the V1.1 release. The Museum was complemented with the newer ships but the game menu and missions were from the original SH4, not V1.1. I do not see the UltimateEdition_v1.1 availiable for download any more. I am confused as to which is the latest version. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Suggest you check out the instructions on the first page of this thread. You will find complete instructions for the installation of v1.39. Among them you will find that you need to delete the Save folders from your documents file. In fact, delete the entire SH4 file from your documents is even better. It will remove all vestiges of prior versions and mods from your game. The game will rebuild them the first time you start it. There is so much more, but at least start with reviewing (and following) the instructions. Good luck!

ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer View Post
Now that 1.26p has been out for awhile, I thought I would give some feedback. Over all, the mod shows a nice polish just getting all the bugs and annoyances out of the way. Overall, the graphics show marked improvement! Ships have better texture, detail and a 3d look to them. I'm finding determining AoB much easier by looking at kingposts and masts.

The sea in FotRSU the best looking of all the megamods! Seriously! It flows and reflects sun light and cloud cover naturally. Clouds have more of a 3d look to them. Heavy seas in a storms move the way they should. 5 out of 5 here

The biggest change I've observed is AI. Most large merchants are armed and the crews quite willing to shoot. Enemy crews can sight a periscope head 1500 yds away!! Something I've found interesting, whether it's real or my imagination, gun crews accuracy improves the longer they shoot! This has happened to me a number of times. Spray and pray gives way to loosing my periscope head in short order!

Sinking mechanics appear to have changed too. There's much more standing on bow/stern, slow rolls, secondary explosions and overall, slow sinking that coincides with damage. I haven't split any ships into either. It looks cool, but not too realistic. I do use the Bang for your buck mod because I don't think the default model simulates the Torpex warhead well. My opinion. Explosions, smoke and fire are great.

If I had a vote for a change, it would be for more smoke from the merchant stacks. It would make spotting easier. That's it. I think the way the mod is maturing is great. The team has done a great job.

MacGregor sends Bravo Zulu!
Copy that. The team appreciates that. Version 1.39 is even better, so long as you do not transfer into one of the Advance Base locations... sigh - We are currently working on the next release, and are already about a month behind on releasing it, due to issues with the Flotillas file (the Advance Bases are not cooperating). Doing another build this evening, with hopefully a full set of working Flotillas...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote