View Single Post
Old 02-21-21, 10:06 PM   #2270
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Well, "Seydlitz" is coming along nicely. On thing I noticed about her is that the secondaries are NOT symmetrical! The gun arrangements on Port & Starboard are visibly different.

Her hull, casemate arrangement, basic parts of the superstructure, and main weaponry are modeled.

She will be the first ship equipped with new high-detail main gun turrets. The big guns seen in screenshots earlier were low-detail variants for temporary use. I can use minimum render dimension controllers to reduce turret details at long range, boosting framerate.

Regarding major ships, here are the priorities:

-Finishing Seydlitz
-Minor improvements to existing models of Von der Tann & Moltke
-Detailing of Lion/Queen Mary/Invincible/Queen Mary
-Major changes to Lutzow/Derfflinger model (dates from 2014-2015; bad quality)

One convenient thing: as predicted I now have a big library of ship parts, such as ventilators, lifeboats, cabins, fire hoses, rafts, chains, anchors, cranes, etc. They are all pre-textured and ready to use; this has helped speed up construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Amazing stuff as usual IABL

You should later consider allowing the use of those great models for indie sims, for example bracer's Battleship Command. Having a pool of free resources to share between modders and indie developers would be such an awesome collaborative effort
Thanks. Some of the merchant ship models are likely to be made available for other developers, if desired.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote