View Single Post
Old 02-18-21, 10:08 PM   #1955
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Here you go PB, the NYGM files. I enclosed the Sunderland files because it seems to be the one most blind. The "AirS" node in the AI_sensors.dat file is the aircraft node.
Well, I keep forgetting my mods... the NYGM SunderlandIII is the same as the Stock version... One difference is:

The sensors.dat, which you kindly included... The Sunderland's *.sns file will tell you which it uses. My guess is it would be the top listing there, "AirB_Visual", of which I am guessing would be for "Bomber"... The settings are there in the dat file, under the "obj_Sensor" node.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi,

I think it's exactly the opposite with the sensitivity value of the visual sensor: larger values mean better detection. Here's why I think so:

- A larger detection time means a smaller probability of being spotted at a single instant in time.
- With growing distance the probability of being spotted is decreased
- The text says "at (sensitivity * max range) we have a double detection time". Suppose Max_range = 10000; sensitivtiy = 0.1 --> at 1000 we have twice the detection time and thus half the probability at one instance in time. Suppose now sensitivity = 1 --> only at 10000 we have twice the detection time, i.e., the probability of being detected drops much slower with distance than in case of sens.=0.1.

To find out the truth I propose to create a test setup and make two experiments with sens.=0.1 and sens.=0.9 or even larger. The results should be very different.

Best, LGN1
That would be greatly appreciated, to see what you find. I will try to do a test on the orientation of the node in the near future, but I am not certain how "near" that future is... sigh...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote