View Single Post
Old 02-18-21, 12:18 PM   #1939
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

I don't know why the "training" of a pilot would change either... Maybe he needs a new eyeglass prescription, and couldn't get new eye wear until after enlistment? Of course, how'd he get in the military - especially flight school - to begin with if he can't see?... Same with ships on the surface, and the differences between a military vessel and a merchant marine. My grandpa was merchant marine, and they definitely did not skimp on crew during the war, so probably had just as many "experts" as "slackards" as the military did when it came to staying awake while on watch.

As for the sim.cfg, it does seem to be a multiplier for delaying the detection time, so a smaller number makes them "see" something sooner, yes. Bigger number is slower. Go too low though, and you are getting your periscope hit from 5600 meters on the first shot, before you can even see over the waves, or a bomb down the conn hatch before its even open... - I am really curious about the node rotation though. s7rikeback and I are going to have to study this in FotRSU, because we have a selection of planes that once again seem to be ignoring the player's boat from 2900 yards while flying at 1500 feet... - I had a Betty do that last night, just flew straight-line right on by me when it came out of the sun practically parallel to my path... - Of course, we have found that a loadout mis-match can do that also, and the use of Hebe's mySH3-tool is practically mandatory, as far as we're concerned.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote