Old 02-17-21, 04:52 PM   #1933
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
LGN1,
Looking at the relevant node in AI_sensors.dat all the air visual sensitivity settings are set at 0.01 which according to S3D, means this setting will override the sim.cfg one of 0.05.
There is also the message of "At (sensitivity * max range) we have a double detection time" in both the .dat files and the sim.cfg file regarding sensitivity.
I take it to mean that a lower number means less detection time needed per above ?
If so, than the 0.01 setting in the .dat file would appear to be as low as can be done. The visual sensitivity section info. in sim.cfg appears to state the same.
I wonder if maybe the .dat file setting really isn't overriding the sim.cfg one of 0.05.....
John,

If your hunch proves correct, you get your wish for more respondent aircraft, I on the other hand will still crash drive. Will see if all the crew training will pay off.

Silent Hunter is unique as we keep perfecting ways to get our Uboat personas killed more efficiently than ever.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote