Old 02-13-21, 03:33 AM   #861
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Error messages... question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschilla View Post
Well, it must have been a bad download because I ripped it out reinstalled SH4 Uboat Missions and reactivated Dark Waters. This time it got past the load and allowed me to select a mission, man a boat, fill in torpedoes.... and then it crashed when it tried to leave port.

The first error said "Data/Shaders/volumetricfogps.fx" That file was there.

The next error said Depth Render VS Unknown error. I could find no such file.

It's too late to worry about this thing right now. Manana.
Ahoy, rschilla...

Ok, a couple of questions, come to mind here...

Just out of dumb curiosity...

1. What is the source of your copy of SH4.?

2. What is the version of it, that you have...?

3. Where is the copy of it, installed, exactly...?

Some things that come to mind, even without knowing off hand, what version it is, much less where exactly you have it installed, is this...

For Op. Monsun: Dark v6, to work, requires version 1.5, with Ubisoft as a source (provided this is where you acquired it from,,, that is..) They only provide SH4+UBM (Silent Hunter IV: The wolves of the Pacific + Uboat Missions (esentially, what amounts to a DLC being added to their original release of SH4, that was nothing more than the U.S fleetboat side of WW2... & the original release was tagged, as I know of that, as v1.4, originally...

Am gonna go out on a limb here... & take a wild guess that the version you have... is likely v1.4 & NOT v1.5, which is what the mod calls for...

Secondly, where you have any game, for that matter, much less SH4, is better to NOT install it in either:

C:\Prgram files

or..

C:\Prgram files (x86)

Windows, their UAC program/app... security system, as it is.. does NOT like for things inside of their 'protected system, being tampered with.. and OM: Dark v6, does that, with replacing original files in the stock SH4 with those that have been edited. So... UAC, is NOT going to accept that & will at least, cause CTD's.. as I understand it... at the worst, at the least.. the game will still run, but.. only in the stock sense of it all.. at the worst of that... with glitches that given enough time, will end up with a CTD occurring...

So... game placement is of utmost importance here..

Myself, having My games instead, go to a folder I created in C:\ labeled as ''Games'', & then creating sub folders on an as needed basis, in that folder.

As I have Steam, I have their games library inside of ''Games'' & follow this same principle inside of their folder set up, in \common which is where they send games from them to.

Hopefully, I haven't lost you or left you confused... & that this info is of help...

M. M.