Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Presumably this applies in my case too?
Not neccessarily:
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... Refer to the "NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file in the Support / HowTo folder, on Page 3, for more info, and what else to look out for... do NOT accept them (Balao and Tench) prior to their active dates...
In testing prior to the "fixes" involved (thank you again mazzi), I could induce similar to reports back then where a person would get what you describe, with the lack of crew positions, but we would also find incomplete gun descriptions, with whole sections of the "ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc" missing, and at the least, missing lines. Be sure and look through that "NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file in the Support / HowTo folder, and see what you see, or zip up your Save folder, and link me to it via a PM, and I'll look at it and try to "fix" things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
Thank you sir . Removing the AdditionalRepository wording worked. Now I have all my crew slots available and I'm ready to terrorize the Japanese Merchant Marine with my super sub for the last 6 months of the war. Haha.

Also yes I am using Vickers Officers Quarters Mod. Is this a known issue with his mod and FotRSU Compatibility?
OK, glad it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
In all fairness, I wasn't using any add on mods with this latest version, because I didnt even realize there was an updated version... Only issue is now I've got to start my campaign over again haha.
I would finish the current career. ~IF~ current tests go as anticipated, we might have the next version out prior to your finishing that career. I am in the final stages of Flotillas edits, make an alpha build and hand-off to s7rikeback for further evaluation, brainstorming and further tests, then we'll see what we have (s7rikeback has completed a LOT of double-checking)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
If dual deck guns aren't working you're not missing much. The AI gunners are so frustratingly bad that I nearly always make the shots manually.
This is where the game AI does not differentiate "friendly" AI, and "enemy" AI, so if you fix the former, the latter "kills" you... sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I'm probably spouting blasphemy here, but me and my boys gave up on those topside guns before the 1.24? version, or was that the 1.26p one... why is my new submarine which is a Balao, is actually called a "Balao" ... haven't the US Navy got a shred of imagination under their bloody peaked hats... and don't take too long about it.
Opinions are not blasphemy - Basically speaking though, anything v1.2 in all 3 (4??) iterations have gun issues, especially if vicker's Officer's Country is used without its "patch". The main problem though being, as mazzi pointed out, the fact that the 3" gun is not enumerated in the Balao & Tench upc files. For me, that is worse "logic" (since the boats never had the guns) than the USN's lack of imagination in naming convention, and the use of tinfoil, folded tri-hats (quite literally, if you remember from early versions of FotRSU ). I much prefer the 'modern' way of naming US submarines, and surely they could have come up with something besides fishies names, but alas... it's all history, so take your Cuttlefish or Bream (or any one of hundreds of oddball names ), and go sink some ships, deck gun or no!!!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote