Thread: Formula One
View Single Post
Old 01-22-21, 10:20 AM   #94
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

That's true. So many interesting storylines this season, especially with the driver moves.

I am excited to see what Perez can do in the Red Bull. He has yet to drive it. You hear talk about how the chassis is tricky, prone to snap oversteer. Max can handle it, Albon didn't. Can Sergio? And anyway, perhaps Red Bull temper it a bit over the offseason and it becomes a more predictably balanced car.

I'm also intrigued by Seb's move. Not a fan honestly, and I think Force India, I mean Racing Point, I mean Aston Martin got rid of the wrong driver. Seb's horrible year wasn't just down to the rotten Fez he was driving. He was very mistake-prone. He struck me as disinterested. Will a new team shake him out of it, or is he past it?

Alonso's return is also fascinating. F1 gave him track time in the rookie test a few weeks ago, which I didn't think was right. He's no neophyte. Will Sainz flourish at Ferrari? Can they get back on track or will they wallow in the bottom of the midfield again? Ricciardo should do fine at McLaren. Will Bottas show enough to stick around? Anything short of a title and I think his seat is Russell's for 2022, depending on what Hamilton does.

Really happy to see Imola back on the schedule. Zandy too and Interlagos. Those last two are my favorite tracks to drive in F1 2020. Imola's not in the sim, but has been in others and it's a great drive. I know the drivers were singing the track's praises last year, and rightly so.

But the thing I am most looking forward to is a proper title race. I'm really hoping Red Bull push on with the new lineup and the development freeze. Their engine situation is bad, with Honda pulling out. They need to get this sorted as early as possible so it's not hanging over the team all year. I hope they can take over Honda's setup, but that's a long shot. Red Bull are positioned better than at any point in the past seven years. I hope they give a proper battle this year. Looking forward to it!