View Single Post
Old 01-01-21, 10:40 AM   #1878
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Default Aircraft

Following pertain to a stock NYGM install with only the H.sie and Stiebler patched applied, various months in 1943 starting in July and later.
I've been curious about the aircraft behavior in NYGM so I've been doing some testing/observing. Interested if anyone else has seen/does see similar.
Anyone else notice the Sunderlands being completely blind and worthless ? I've had them fly within a few hundred yards of my boat and never change course or attack. Finally did get one attack, did so only with guns.
I know the aircraft in the game only use visual sighting to find a u-boat whether radar equipped or not but they were in easy visual range.

The other aircraft have no problem finding my boat but there isn't much reason to dive to evade as they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with their bombs/charges and many times they don't drop them anyway.

I believe these are all scripted aircraft. Really like and impressed by the work Stiebler has done with aircraft in NYGM but would like to see them more of a threat/danger.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 01-24-21 at 09:55 AM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote