View Single Post
Old 12-29-20, 09:02 AM   #5
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Whilst readily admitting I'm not really into astronomy I can say I enjoyed what you posted CW.

Thanks for sharing my friend.

When I was in college, We had 2 excellent instructors / professors in the Astronomy program. Both had retired from NASA and one was part of the Jet Propulsion Labs with NASA. I wanted to take the Astronomy courses with them but it was outside my field of discipline. Further, I was very pushed for time as my studies were very labor intensive and there just wasn't enough time in the day.

I always regretted not having availed myself of the opportunity to learn and study with the best in their respective fields. I never had telescopes of a good enough quality to view planets like Saturn and Jupiter and for me, It would be an incredible thrill to view them myself.

I'm glad you enjoyed it my friend. I know we have some very sharp people here at Subsim who are educated in the various Sciences and Astronomy, who might enjoy this. Rockin Robbins comes to mind.

Cheers Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Thanks for sharing

The impact these planets has on earth is very, very little even if they should be in line.

Markus
While it's true the alignment will have little impact on Earth, The immense gravitational pull of Jupiter and Saturn helps to keep asteroids and meteors from moving into our inner solar system and taking aim at our planet not to mention our newly redone patio deck.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote