View Single Post
Old 12-24-20, 10:48 AM   #2380
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I didn't use the right terminology in the post below. What I mean is I am getting the page that requires a donation as if it is now a bonus mod.
Now, my being a member of SubSim probably influences my results some, but just to double-check, you are logged-in to SubSim, and when on the download page, you get this:

... note the "orange" text "Download 100_FalloftheRisingSun..." hot-link below the "Navigation" links? Then, with my Vivaldi, and a few other browsers, I get this when clicking on that download link:

... with the "Save" dialog box a pop-up. FireFox just downloads it to the Downloads folder - at least, that's the way my copy does it... But if I'm using Edge, I get this:

... where the dialog is much smaller, less prominent, and at the bottom of the page. Notice that the "background" page stays the same? I'm wondering if you're going to that "Sign-up" page, because the site sees that you're not a member, and you're getting a less-obvious download prompt? Or maybe, being a non-paying member, you've exceeded the daily limit, whatever that is (5??)... ?? We want to keep the availability of the download in one location, for ease of maintenance, but let us know a few more details, if you can please, and we'll see what we can work out.

In the meantime, is anyone else having issues with getting the download? Things to look for are ad-blockers in your browser, or added to your browser. You could also try another browser, and see what you get... I cannot get a download link without being logged-in on SubSim.com

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote