Old 12-18-20, 10:01 PM   #2332
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Sinkings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Not only doesn't Carpendar believe you, but neither does JANAC, even though they haven't invented their own jobs yet, they are warming-up for 1945 / 46, and all those interviews where they believed the ones they were interrogating before they believed the ones wearing the same uniform... kind of like torpedoes in 1942... - US Naval "Intelligence"... kind of like AI, aka: "Army Intelligence"...

but seriously, the game has certain rules and guidelines it follows, and one of those is the "same" vessel being sunk in the same convoy, oftentimes the 2nd (or 3rd) are not counted, since in essence, they are the same ship... again, kinda like "Naval Intelligence"... Also, if a vessel ends up "grounding" and not sinking beneath the waves, then it is technically not sunk... sigh - and if the modders ( ) messed anything about the game up ( ), then your sinking might not count either.
In my case, all of the sinkings, except the last 2... were more than several hours apart & many miles distant, to boot.

The last 2, the Med. freighter & the Aux. Transport, were the only 2 that were in close proximity to each other, YET... were not traveling together.

That Med. freighter, was on a base course of 170-175 & the Aux. Transport, was on a base heading of 135-140'ish, as I recall. In short, they were NOT convoy'ing... the other 3, were all soloists.... alone.

After I sank the Whaler ship aka tanker, I radioed in then as outlined, I saved... for some reason, after I radioed in of sinking the 2 listed last.. I got docked a lot of tonnage right after that was done...

None of the ships I sank, were near land in any shape, form or size... they were all deep water sinks. I watched the event window that popped up.

M. M.

p.s. See attached snap shots of the messages...

Ships sunk...

Messages sent...