View Single Post
Old 12-10-20, 05:21 AM   #6
Sickents
Watch

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon333 View Post
Thanks for every answer! You all helped me a lot!

And yes the AOB should be correct also Iam sure Iam using the full solution.

For my tests I always aimed for the chimney and the torp crossed always some meters in front of the bow.

SO with parallax error you mean the red line? Doesnt the TDC calculate the distance of submarin the the turn point?

Will do some more screenshots today.
the tdc sees it as the green line, it doesn't account for the extra range on the red line as it is going forwards then turning to target, I have always had more luck hitting the target in your current position at 3500 meters + when firing your standard 90 degrees the range does not matter, but the more off-angle you are from a straight 90-degree shot, the more the range matters to adjust the tdc.

you can see what I mean by putting your sub at 0 heading then having a ship pass in front of you at 90 degree's AOB , have the ship at 2500 meters and set the range in TDC at 0, just input correct AOB and Speed, the torpedo will still hit,

now angle your sub at 40 degrees off 90 degree AOB and do exact same above , your torpedo will miss , as the range input the TDC automatically adjust for is incorrect
Sickents is offline   Reply With Quote