View Single Post
Old 12-05-20, 08:31 AM   #13518
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Now that you mentioned it I remember that when I was editing Operation Drumbeat campaign I intentionally left American illuminated ships to be active for quite some time after the campaign start in order ti simulate "relaxed" conditions which German U-Boat commanders found on east American coast during the opening stages of OD. This can even be found somewhere in TWoS changelogs, yes...
Sweet

Despite the clear distinction between Axis, neutral and Allied countries, the external difference between vessels belonging to each category should be somewhat more vague. In the most complex circumstances, the attribution of a given ship to one faction or the other should be a matter of putting together various clues. In the end, the wise player should be able to say with a reasonable level of confidence whether - in the current circumstances - a visual contact is a valid target or not, even though in some cases he might not be 100% sure that an "innocent-looking" far contact, is actually a neutral or friendly ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
No, that was different tweak discovered by Mama but it didn't prove to be quite useful...
Yes, mama was the name! I seem to remember that his "trick" worked for some players but not for othres
gap is offline   Reply With Quote