View Single Post
Old 11-30-20, 06:46 PM   #4086
marcelw93
Swabbie

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Couple questions: 1. What is meant by "First I copied the files into the game directory" ? The only files from H.sie's patch that should be copied only into your mods folder are the supplement folder and the O2 gauge folder. Maybe that is what you mean.
2. Are you copying the patches additional text lines to the end of your existing en_menu.txt file, after the last existing text ? (which should have first been copied to the data/menu folder of the supplement folder. Don't mod the files in their installation locations.)

Since the messages worked before you added H.sie's patch, the only solution is an incorrect build/install of his patch. Take a close look at things including his instructions and how you did things.
If you want, I can upload my en_menu.txt file and you can try that instead of yours.
I used my installation location as my workfolder for patching. To give it another try I take my backup Sh3-installation and install GWX one more time. Following the manual I created a workfolder where I patched my Sh3 with success. Then I selected the options of the fix. After that I moved the file to the supplement folder, which I extracted earlier.

For this test I will only use GWX. So I copied the files en_menu and de_menu into the supplement folder (data/menu). Then I added the lines from the Append_to_de/en files. After I finished, I copied the Supplement folder to the Mod folder of the game directory. Then I activated the ,,mod" with JSGME. Then I checked if JSGME worked correctly. JSGME has overwritten the files in the game directory with the files from the supplement folder.

Then started Silent Hunter another time. Go to periscop depth and try to rise my periscop at 8 knots. Not possible, so at least parts of H.sie are working correctly. Staying submerged, the LI talks : Oxygen: 20%. This is one of the added lines.

And finally I hit a mine and see many blank messages from my CE while my boat has heavy flooding...

Sry for the long text, but maybe you can see a mistake.

Would be nice, if you can give me your en/de_menu files. I don't think it will work, but at least it is a test worth.

Thank you very much

Marcel
marcelw93 is offline   Reply With Quote