View Single Post
Old 11-30-20, 05:11 PM   #4085
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelw93 View Post
Today I played at first GWX Vanilla, just with the 4GB-Patch. And it worked correct. No empty messages. The next try I installed The H.Sie Patch (The
V16B1-Patch-Kit). First I copied the files into the game directory. Then I patched the sh3.exe. After that I select the options with the HsieOptionsSelector (didn`t activate Diesel damage and Wolfpack). After that I copied the en_menu and de_menu files into the Supplement folder and added the additional lines before I activated the Supplement mod. I checked the correct activation of the supplement mod. Then I started the 20th time 1945 at Bergen and drove directly into the near mine field. And of course I received blank messages from the CE. I receive other messages like ,,oxygen 20%"

I'm feeling like a noob.

Couple questions: 1. What is meant by "First I copied the files into the game directory" ? The only files from H.sie's patch that should be copied only into your mods folder are the supplement folder and the O2 gauge folder. Maybe that is what you mean.
2. Are you copying the patches additional text lines to the end of your existing en_menu.txt file, after the last existing text ? (which should have first been copied to the data/menu folder of the supplement folder. Don't mod the files in their installation locations.)

Since the messages worked before you added H.sie's patch, the only solution is an incorrect build/install of his patch. Take a close look at things including his instructions and how you did things.
If you want, I can upload my en_menu.txt file and you can try that instead of yours.