View Single Post
Old 11-04-20, 05:11 PM   #311
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiii View Post
well for a start we cannot create gr2 anims, so unless we can merge dat animations into the sub, it will be static meshes,
That's certainly a possibility, nonetheless recently I dealt with dat (keyframed in my case) animation using S3e, and they are a bit tricky too...

Quote:
not even looked at the waypoint stuff, although I remember "Vanilla" was doing things with them, with good results
If you mean waypoints for walking crew animations, adding them should be a nobrainer (they are basically bones which can be cloned and moved around), but then, a new set of crew scripts would be required.

Quote:
The main drawback is not being able to create new meshes, all we can do is subset meshes into one, and then repurpose the meshes for something else.
we can only work within the capability of the tools at hand.
This is true, but should a GR2 file not have enough meshes, there is always the chance to link a GR2 model to another model stored in another file. I have not SH5 installed currently so I can't give you more details, but there is a special controller for this purpose and I think silentmichal exploited it for his interior mod

Quote:
I just do one thing till it works, then move on to the next problem, spend too much time looking at the big picture and its too much work.
You are naking a good point. Facing problems one by one is the only possible approach in this case
gap is offline   Reply With Quote