View Single Post
Old 11-04-20, 07:19 AM   #2142
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Prise View Post
Quick question, does Fotrsu have real naval battles in the campaign? I mean I received a radio message of "enemy ships spotted in the coral sea" near the day the actual battle happened there, would there actually be ships when I go there? Or could I find places naval battles in this mod? Forgive me if I ask too much
Most of the major sea battles are "modeled" in the mod, at least to a "Stock" game level (which has a few), but with FotRSU ships. Several of the battles are relatively accurate, which just means that a group representing some of the groups do show on the dates, and some on "historical" routes. As Mad Mardigan alludes, "accuracy" is an impossibility, due to software AI, as well as game "bandwidth" restrictions. That's just a fancy way to say that we don't have separate groups over 32 ships in size (most are not over 24 ships), and attempt to restrict the number of airplanes involved, due to the fact that a group that size will bring your computer to a crawl, no matter how much hp it has, due to the game itself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
"Proceed to Area 7 and engage in anti-shipping operations" etc. 13 Dec 1944
Thanks. Both missions that go there have been tested and pass, and the Flotillas / PatrolObjectives (for all boats) for a "Honshu" code are fine, so we will lay it to a combination of factors, #1 being of course, that the submarine is not available until January 1, 1945. #2 being that the Tench is not available anywhere except at Pearl Harbor. Of course, it is difficult to tell where you are trying to start your patrol until you are on the boat... But you should have been automatically transferred to Pearl Harbor by the game. #3 The deck guns are not configured fully correctly (it sounds like my 7th grade English teacher is rolling in her grave because of my grammar), in that FotRSU does not have the 3" gun listed for the Balao nor the Tench in any of its versions. Note: I am not blaming anyone for this, other than us current fellows, since we are the ones that missed these details, but we do request some understanding in this regard.

Now, you will notice a less-prominent presence of both s7rikeback and myself here for most likely a week or more, as we finalize the next version, which will not be as "ambitious" as we wanted it to be (again), due to incorporating further changes to the deck guns and AA guns that we did not anticipate having to do. This makes us have to test what we currently have in the v1.26p, then incorporate the "fixes" and test, then bring in the dat and other file changes of the next release and test that. The changes should make the mod even smaller and more efficient. The 3-level testing will slow us down, of course. You will see changes to the first page of this thread as we go along. The next version will NOT be backward compatible, since that was another problem encountered with the v1.2 series of releases and patches. Some of the fixes are also not backward compatible.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote