Old 11-02-20, 03:25 PM   #2123
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
<snip>

...Most aggravating thing in my time playing SH4, ever.
LOL, The entire FORTSU mod has been the most aggravating thing in my time playing SH4. Graphics wise it looks fabulous, and the extra content is great, but looks can be deceiving and FORTSU is proving just that.

Just reading back thru the pages in this thread, you can read all the different issues with it, from wrong sub upgrade dates, to messed up bow gun add-ons, to the loss of the sonar mouse control. The list goes on.

The core problem from "my point of view" is this:

FORTSU was developed and assembled from at least 8 people, each great modders from their own standalone work. BUT all these mods they contributed failed to be meshed together properly in the FORTSU v1.24 upgrade, such that various conflicts keep manifesting as game stopping issues. propbeanie is trying to sort out these issues, but misses the irony in his blame statements regarding various reasons for the FORTSU mod to not be working for different people commenting here, since the entire FORTSU mega mod is made up of mixing mods together.

TMO was basically developed exclusively by ONE person. It's rather old, but in its basic installation, before adding additional mods, was virtually perfect. All it needs is some careful graphics and content "love" and it will blow the doors off FORTSU in its present condition.

edit> they have me listed as a closed beta tester, but the first time I ever messed with this mod was about 2 weeks ago, so this is my "beta" test and comment time, now.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)

Last edited by Gray Lensman; 11-02-20 at 03:33 PM.
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote