View Single Post
Old 11-02-20, 08:48 AM   #2119
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
I seem to have stumbled upon another serious bug.

Returned to Midway in late November 1944. Was awarded an upgrade to the Tench class boat.

Accepted and set up loadout, crew etc for next patrol.

Cannot start next patrol. Whether I choose to start outside or inside of harbor, game crashes to desktop during loading.

Rebooted machine & restarted game a couple times, no change. Likewise, fullscreen vs. windowed mode.

If I go back to a save before returning to Midway & refuse the upgrade, I am able to start next patrol in the old Balao. But what fun is that?

As before, using only FOTRS:UE 1.24 + 1.26 patch.

I had that same issue a while back that ended my entire career. I accepted the offer in December of 1944 and yes it CTD'd for me. Like propbeanie said, the Tench is not an active boat until January of 1945. I updated my game, thinking that would work, but alas, it didn't. And I couldn't go back to deny the new upgrade, so I had been unoffically retired. Most aggravating thing in my time playing SH4, ever.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote