View Single Post
Old 10-27-20, 05:49 PM   #2068
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Well, once again the "sonar" bug manifested itself and corrupted something in the /User/Name/SH4 folder again ruining all the saved games at once.

Fortunately, after the first time, several days ago, I started saving the entire /SH4 folder and can recover.

Never had this type of corruption in stock SH4 AND yes I have the LAA properly implemented and I reboot frequently to clear out any memory overflows.

edit> I have a clue, I think. It seems multiple "Ship Spotted" dialog boxes are somehow associated with this loss of mouse left click positioning on the sonar display. It never affects the mouse wheel however, and the mouse left click button always works on everything else. Basically, it loses the "focus" points/area for the mouse around the sonar wheel. This could possibly be a "stock" game issue and not just FOTRS.

I had an older save that worked just fine a few hours ago, along with the User/Name/SH4/data folder. When I reloaded it, including the data file in its entirety, the bug was there even though the entire saved data had been replaced with a verified copy that worked. I restarted the same save again and this time I stayed in the internal sub view and dived the boat down to periscope depth, then tested the sonar with the mouse and then it worked, surfaced and it continued to work. Very wierd bug.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)

Last edited by Gray Lensman; 10-27-20 at 06:38 PM.
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote