Old 08-15-20, 11:14 PM   #1630
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelintel View Post
Greetings to All from the sunny Port of Penang,

During one of my recent U-boat missions sailing from Penang on June 6th, 1943, I discovered that I could not manually control (traverse or elevate) the 3.7 cm FK M 42 Heavy Flak Gun with either the mouse or arrow keys during an intense shootout with a PBY Catalina flying boat while cruising low on batteries and patrolling in shallow waters, north of Cape York in the Torres Strait. I could zoom in and out with the gun site but not much else unless I preferred to ‘sandblast’ the hull rather than direct my fire on enemy aircraft.

After suffering several casualties and limping back to port, I uninstalled and reinstalled both versions of FOTRS to try and remedy the glitch but to no avail. The upgrade for this weapon also does not work in any of the 1944 U-boat missions. However, there was no problem in using the 3.7 cm FK M 42 Heavy Flak Gun in the base game, SH4 1.5, without either mega mod installed...
First of all, FotRSU is of course, a US Pacific mod, not a German mod. Knowing that some would want to see what it looks like, we did make ship calls compatible so that the game would not crash if you tried to use the Monsun Gruppe. We did not however, "fix" anything on the German side. There are all sorts of mission assignment issues, as well as spawning issues, especially around the docks area. Case in point is Penang, that if you look to the north, there is often a Whale Factory ship that spawns melded into the wharf. Ubisoft did not finish the U-Boat Missions Add-On, just like they never finished anything else with Silent Hunter. Whatever, but we concentrate on the US Pacific side, not the German U-Boats...

Point 2 is that we did nothing to the German submarines, nor did we do anything directly to their weapons - for their submarines. Now, here is the kicker - some parts of the game "share" between the two sides, and that particular weapon may well be used on a German surface vessel, as represented in the US Pacific side, and that may have been tweaked and adjusted for a ship - not the submarine. If such is the case, that could well be the problem, I do not know.

Point 3, you mention "I uninstalled and reinstalled both versions of FOTRS to try and remedy the glitch but to no avail." This is the FotRSU thread, and there is only one version of FotRSU "active", and that is v1.1. We are about to upload and release v1.2, but then v1.1 will go away. There is a "patch" for v1.1, which attempts to eliminate several bad assignments for US subs, but it is a small set of files. Since you use the letters "FOTRS" (an AOTD_MadMax Team mod), I'll mention that while FotRSU is based upon it (which was based upon TMO v1.7) - they are not the same. Also, you cannot use 2 "mega-mods" on top of each other. Just to be clear.

We'll try to look at the gun in FotRSU, but no guarantees we'll be able to do anything, if there is anything FotRSU does do to it. One last thing, when you change mods, be certain you are deleting the Save folder before playing a new configuration, else the same thing can happen from that, having bad data left from a previous game state.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote