View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 02:31 PM   #1614
Navelintel
Mate

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default Incomplete Ship Rendering

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone has pointed it out before but I noticed an inconsistency in the rendering for the Battlecruiser Graf Spee Class. At first I thought there were dark tarps covering aft sections of the ship. However, upon closer examination, it appears three of the gun turrets are 'blacked' out. This same peculiarity occurs in the museum as well as in the game for both FOTRS-UE, V1.0.1gEN and FOTRS-UE, V1.1 EN. However, the glitch does not appear in SH4 V 1.5 without either mega mod.

Game screenshot from FOTRS-UE, V1.1 EN

I used the museum in FOTRS-UE, V1.1 EN for more closeup screenshots below when I went back and noticed the anomaly in the above game screenshot that I had previously saved.

For comparison, I took screenshots from SH4 V1.5 with TMO 2.5. Incidentally, the only difference in the ship rendering from SH4 V1.5 without the mega mod, TMO 2.5, is that the water and sky would appear less vibrant and washed out. Otherwise, the ship rendering appears identical to those as shown below.

Although a minor glitch, I hope it can be fixed so it doesn't detract from the rest of the wonderful artwork when the ship appears elsewhere in the mega mod. I haven't noticed any other visual anomalies (blacked out portions) with the ship renderings in FOTRS-UE, V1.1 EN, thus for now, they all look terrific and I'm enjoying the 'renaissance' of one of my favorite vintage games!

Navelintel
Navelintel is offline   Reply With Quote