View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 10:37 AM   #1612
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default PropBeanie: Is there an AA Gun Issue on Gato?

Started a new career out of Pearl Harbor on 12/7/41 in USS Pike (Porpoise Class); After 3 patrols received new boat, USS Thresher (Tambor Class); 3 patrols later was given command of USS Gudgeon (Gar Class), and subsequent to 3 patrols in that boat received a new boat, USS Gato on 7/8/43. The boat was properly equipped, except that the AA gun was a .50 Caliber, somewhat surprising for that period in the war for a boat based out of Pearl Harbor.

Note that the Thresher and Gudgeon were allowed upgrades to a 20mm AA gun when I first took command of them.

However, after each of the first 3 patrols in Gato, I was still limited to the .50 Cal AA gun; the deck gun was upgraded to a 5", the radars were both "improved", and all other features and crew were normal, but no AA gun upgrades offered or received.

On 1/1/1944 I was offered a new boat (presumably the Balao, since that is the usual upgrade from Gato), but I declined the new boat to see if I would ever be able to get a better AA gun for the Gato.

We are now ready to leave Pearl on our 4th patrol in Gato; it is 1/24/44, and still we only have the .50 Cal AA gun. Is there a problem with the AA gun upgrade feature for a Gato running out of Pearl Harbor, or is my boat "special" in some way?

I deleted my Save and Rich Save files before starting this career; my tonnage averages about 50,000+ per patrol; the realism setting is 75% using Auto Targeting, and I run the following Mods over a clean base v1.5 game version:

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.1_EN
101_prBetaPatch_v1.1
399_NoScrollNavMap
449_FOTRSU Umark Removal (the 449 is my own number for sequencing)
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability (the 450 is my own number for sequencing)
901_strategic_map_symbols

Thanks for checking this out!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote