View Single Post
Old 07-26-20, 03:54 PM   #13341
HerrnKaleun
Nub

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default Odd Glitch after installing TWOS(sh5)

Hi I have a problem that I couldn't find a solution for, eversince I first encountered it, and the only sign that I am not the only one with this problem was this post

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=2101

and the replies to it, which neither helped the user who posted it nor me

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...62462&page=141

so the problem I have is exactly the same depicted in the first link above, I've tried a lot of things including downloading a copy of a previous version of TWOS from somewhere else. But the samr problem occured, and even if that would have worked, I would not have had the "full TWOS experience".

I would really appreciate it someone could help, I wanna play this mod really hard. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Solved it. Idunno what I did right this time, after reinstalling both the base game and the mod (which i've done several times before in several ways.) but this time I actually chose the ubisoft folder (which is where the mod wants to be downloaded) for the base game installation instead of anything else basically, so I didnt move any files manually like the last time(eg.: moving base game folder(s) to desktop). As I suspected, it wasn't a user or system failure, since the installation guide said not to install to the programfiles(x86) so I thought anything else would be good since and later I read on the forum not to install in C: at all, hence why I moved my files to the desktop in the first place. I think it might be a problem with some game or mod files, they might request access to the Ubisoft folder (yes I did patch the files right and chose the right path everytime) which was pretty much empty before It worked. But I've been modding games for years now and this was by far the hardest to make work, eventhough the problem was actually just a stupid install location. Although me and my colleagues who had the same problem made it hard for the community to help us, since we haven't provided enough Info about the "glitches, bugs and missing funtions". the screenshot above only depicts a minor problem which only occures in the Harbour (1/4 the screen being black), you can't interract with NPCs, the map doesn't work the way it should, Tools wouldn't work, only occasionally and the indicators in the lower left corner can't be interracted with as well and they won't show any changes in speed, depth etc. If I had provided this info most people would not have thought that this was a problem with the screen resolution and the graphics card settings Which basically ment that people would not have wasted their times. Anyways I appreciate all help and effort provided by the community.

Last edited by HerrnKaleun; 07-30-20 at 11:27 AM.
HerrnKaleun is offline   Reply With Quote