View Single Post
Old 06-25-20, 01:53 AM   #1394
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

USS Cabrilla assigned to Patrol Area 4 immediately following sea trials in June 1943:

- AA crews remained merrily on station at 33 meters.

- Despite heavy seas, the skipper was determined to finish an Ada Maru by gunfire. Whenever the crew was forced back inside, toggling the key to order them back outside repeatedly resulted in an unwanted order to dive.

- No home port has yet been indicated, though we expect that to change soon.

This career was started after all contents of the Save Folder were deleted.

EDIT: After completing the assignment, we headed into Tokyo Bay on July 4th and I saved halfway up the north-south stretch of passage. Continuing on, there was a Hatsuharu firmly ashore at Yokosuka - not just on the docks, but on the ground south of them. Not sure if it had spawned there or ran itself aground at very high speed, but there was no smoke.

There was no sign of the TF that had been there the previous morning, just a burning ship aground on the point beyond, possibly a whalechaser.

When I went back to this Save point, it repeatedly failed to load, despite taking every precaution I've read about here. I went back to the previous Save, which was back in Area 4, and left station early to investigate that TF, arriving off Tokyo Bay on 6/29. Again, the TF icon was there in the morning but gone when I sneaked in.

Last edited by Mios 4Me; 06-26-20 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Tokyo Bay info
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote